Sunday 20 October 2013

Suspicions that kill a relationship

Suspicions come due do lack of trust for the partner and trust is most important for any relationship. Constant suspicion of your partner's activities and moves surely has the ability to crash your relationship in the most cruel manner.
Some people confuse suspicion with being insecure; however, suspicion and insecurity are two different habits. "Excess of everything is bad"; the same holds true for suspecting your partner all the time. If I see my partner being cozy with another girl and I feel jealous, that is insecurity; whereas, checking his log, keeping an eye on him all day and night is suspicion.
Everyone wants to be informed about their partner's moves; but its noteworthy that being overtly possessive most often turn out to be the deadliest wrecker that can even break a relationship.
Suspicion makes your partner feel like "a victim of the relationship". Remember everyone needs space and time alone sometimes; reacting to this standard requirement with signs of suspicions is uncalled for and painful to the 'wrongly suspected' partner.
"I have been through it. My wife's ex was a cheat and now she is very suspicious. My life is hell because of that. A while back, my call log was not getting updated due to some reason and my wife was suspicious that I am having an affair, and thought I therefore delete the call log so that she does not come to know. How frustrating it is to be blamed of things which you have not done. We had a fight for two days till I could prove to her the fault in my mobile. Such incidents are killing my love for her which she will never realise."
An old man once said "believe all things you're been told" - until you have real prove to believe otherwise. Don't go about searching for proofs your partner is cheating because you might just be searching for something that isn't existing. Help yourself by;
•Sit down and outline your underlying reason(s) you do not trust your partner.
•Reduce checking up on your partner and seeking reassurance.
•Openly discuss whatever suspicious notions/activities that are bothering you.
•Always remember to give others benefit of doubt.
•For as much as you can, stop using past unfavourable situations to forecast the present and future.
Suspicion is the worst thing to ever happen in a relationship. It kills the relation like slow poison.

You get scared so much of loving someone too much and you miss out on true love by trust, then you just missed out on the best part of living.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive