Friday 25 October 2013

Stories & Opinions: How can I get over his height?

I recently met someone who has been telling me how much he likes me and wants to get close to me. (This is a problem in itself for me, because I've never really been intimate with anyone before.) The problem for me is, I'm not really attracted to him because I'm 5'9" and he's 2-3 inches shorter than me. I've been attempting to get over this and to overcome it, because I realize how shallow it is. I like him otherwise, but his height, for me, adds to the already present physical awkwardness. I'd appreciate any advice on this.

4 comments:

  1. get him some platform shoes To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater.
    Kidding aside, I think that if you really would like to try to see if there is anything there besides the initial attraction then you can either place yourself in a situation where size difference is not noticiable (i.e. sit down a lot, he stands on a a slightly higher level then you, etc) or you could force yourself to ignore this fact long enought to see if there is anything there worth pursuing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If consciously you know it is shallow but deep down inside you can't let it go, give yourself a break and go with your shallowness for now. The more you fight it the stronger it gets. Maybe over time the importance you are putting on his height will fade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it. You want to artificially generate an attraction to a person you're not attracted to because...artificially generated romantic love is really great? Even the best of romantic relationships are usually melodramatic clusterfucks? You want to lose your virginity to someone you're not attracted to?

    Romantic love is much ado about nothing. Sex is nice, but is it rarely worth the drama that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete


Blog Archive