Thursday 24 October 2013

Stories & Opinions: And all of a sudden you're together?

Sort of a stupid question, but it's the main one I'm wondering about right now... So two people like each other, and then suddenly.... they're together?
How does that step happen? How do you officially enter a relationship (and when is it official)? What happens on both sides? How does it work? Or is it really not all that sudden? Or
does it simply depend on the people circumstances?
I'm in the situation where I can see myself slowly inching closer to a guy I like, but it is slow... and I'm not sure how/when the switch will happen... from being separate to being together. At
times I can feel a strong connection and it seems like we're together for a split second (mentally, in a weird unexplainable way), people who are wanting to get closer, but to everybody around us (who are (mutual) friends) we're just two people who barely know each other (and we act that part too). And at other times we don't seem to connect at all.
I'm just having a hard time imagining how the jump will happen (if at all). It's even harder for me to imagine a smooth transition.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I never figured that out either, in fact, I still do not have it figured out. We always end up alone and things get frisky. Then, I suppose, we are magically "together". There is a slight moment of light touch, and then the levy breaks and all bets are off. I'm sure this is of no help to you, but that's how it's gone down for me in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah! So sweet!
    You'll spend more time together, more often. Then you might have to proclaim your love/like for one another. In not so many words. I dunno, usually there's a conversation, or a question- answer. As for now, just enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it continues like this, one of you will probably bring it up. Kind of like the signing of The Constitution where you proclaim your fondness for each other in easily identifiable ways and then it's official.
    Seriously though, it just kind of happens and it will feel right (and you won't feel like kicking him out). As khadi said, just enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete


Blog Archive