Sunday 4 August 2013

OPINION: What is wrong with my husband??

JESSICA SPEAKS: 
It’s just little over six months that Sam and I got married. We were so happy just as all appeared to be falling into place. He’s respectful and listens, funny and loving, very selfless and wise. Sam’s an accountant that had just been working little over a year at the firm till they went into a recession and had to shed some staffs. Though I am working, Sam’s job brought in most of the family income. Three months after marriage, he was jobless and had really been trying to get another job. The economy isn’t easy and I know that but my husband doesn’t seem to like the scenario he can’t take care of his family financially. Most of his saving had gone into the wedding ceremony, housing and family set up. The other saving he had, we spent on family upkeep and his mother’s hailing health hoping he was going to get another job much soon. 
A week over six months that Sam had lost his job, we were depending on my earnings while Sam was running into periodic state of sadness, hopelessness and helplessness, guilt, low self-esteem, extreme irritation and tolerance, low motivation and worry, then I found out I was a month pregnant. I was initially happy until I thought of the probable response I’ll get from Sam. I however couldn’t place it to be either joyful or gloomy. At the end of the very day I found out, I told my husband. He smiled for some flicks of seconds and after some minutes of blank stares; he retorted that I abort my baby! “Abort my child??” I replied. He looked that me with an unemotional face and said “yes, abort the baby. We don’t have money to support a baby now. When things get better, we’ll have one then.”
Has my husband gone mad? Well, this madness is over a week now and I can’t just seem to find the man I married in Sam. 
Can someone please tell me “What is going on??”

1 comment:

  1. Most men are victims of this.when d going gets bad ,they seem to loose the sweet self they have or used to be and d woman begins to ask if she married d right guy.
    Men are born with ego whether bornagain or bornagainst.any threat or anything that takes away dat ego will create a terrible reaction.
    For me,I don't pray my man becomes opposite of what I knew him to be and I don't pray for that kind of circumstance,but I think patience,support and love will help the man find peace in the situation and a reassurance that he is still the man .lols

    ReplyDelete